Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Things




Last weekend for Mackenzie's birthday Tad took Mackenzie to Pole Position....Clay and I tagged along.  It was pretty interesting to say the least.  Apparently it's a pretty popular place...we ended up playing video games for an hour before it was our turn.  Clay, Tad, and myself were in a race together.  Tad finished 3rd, Clay 5th and me...well I came in last, 11th to be exact...Hey!  Someone has to right?!  Mackenzie got to race with other kids her age....she came in 2nd!  I should've been in her race!  We all had a blast...after we went to Freddy's Frozen Custard...YUM!!!

On another note....my cousin, Jennifer Jacobson, had a kidney transplant today.  It turned out her best friend from grade school decided to go through all the testing and ended up being a PERFECT MATCH!!  It really made me think...would I have the guts to do that for a family member or friend??  That really takes a strong person to decide they want to give up one of their kidneys for a friend.  It takes courage to save another person's life.  As soon as Jennifer received Mel's kidney it was functioning good as new.  They will both be in the hospital for 5 days at UCLA Med. Center.  Keep them in your prayers!!!

1 comment:

Becky Burgess said...

Enjoyed reading about Life with the Holmboe's.
Love, Mom